Last updated on 4th of August 2021.
Respecting the privacy rights of our customers is very important to us. We are committed to complying with all applicable data protection and privacy legislation in force from time to time including the United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (SI 2003/2426) as amended (the "Data Protection Legislation"). References to “processing”, “personal data”, “processor”, “controller” and “data subject” shall bear their respective meanings given in the Data Protection Legislation. This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data about you when you visit our website www.eponinelondon.com (our "Site"). This privacy notice applies to our Site regardless of how it is made available to you or accessed by you.
Please read this privacy notice carefully before you start using our Site, as this privacy notice will apply to your use of our Site.
If you do not want your data to be used as set out in this privacy notice, you should not use our Site.
WHO ARE WE?
The controller of our Site is Eponine Limited ("we", "our" or "us"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07294560 at 33a Adam and Eve Mews, Kensington, London, W8 6UG. You can contact us using the contact information on our Site.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHY DO WE COLLECT IT?
When you visit our Site, we may collect:
- Information such as your browser type and version and anonymous information collected from cookies when you are browsing our Site. We collect this information to help us understand how to improve our services and our Site and to ensure that the content on our Site is presented to you in an effective manner. We have a legitimate interest for this processing: to ensure that our Site is operating effectively and to provide you with a great service.
- Personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, IP address, telephone number and email address as provided by you when you make an order with us. We collect this information for the following reasons:
- To process orders placed on our Site. We collect this information to process your order. If you fail to provide us with the information that we request, then you may not be able to place an order via our Site. This processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party. We may engage third party processors to process the payment of your order online. If you consent to them doing so, the third party processors may store your payment card details to speed up your transaction time the next time you order from us.
- For product development, for statistical analysis, market research, testing and survey purposes, to notify you about changes to our Site or our products. We may also use your online browsing behaviour and purchases to help us better understand you as a customer and to ensure our products meet your current and future needs. We have a legitimate interest to collect this information: to continue to improve the products we provide to you.
- To send you service messages relating to order confirmations and delivery. We have a legitimate interest to collect this information: to keep you updated on the status of your order and your delivery.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
In addition to the third party payment processors referred to above, we may also share your personal information with:
- A purchaser or a potential purchaser of our business. We have a legitimate interest to do this: to assist with the sale or potential sale of our business.
- Delivery agents that we use. We have a legitimate interest to do this: to deliver your order to you.
In some circumstances, we may have to disclose your personal information by law, because a court or the police or other legal or regulatory enforcement agency has asked us for it.
We require all third parties that we work with to treat your personal information as confidential and to fully comply with all applicable Data Protection Legislation.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
If we transfer your personal data out of the United Kingdom, we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use in the United Kingdom which give personal data the same protection it has in the United Kingdom.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us if transferring your personal data out of the United Kingdom.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our Site and any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and corporate policies to safeguard and secure the information we receive.
You have a right to request access to or rectification of your personal data which we hold about you. You also have a right to erase your personal data, to restrict the processing of your personal data and the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us and to transit such personal data to another controller.
You have the right to object at any time to any processing of your personal data where our lawful basis for such processing is legitimate interests.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at 33a Adam and Eve Mews, London, W8 6UG.
Please note, when dealing with a data subject request, we have a duty to take reasonable measures to verify the identity of the data subject who has made the request.
If you are concerned about our processing of your personal data, you have a right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the Information Commissioner’s Office and so please contact us in the first instance.
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us and we will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
We may link to other websites which are not within our control. Once you have left our Site, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Any changes we make to this privacy notice will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about our privacy notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 33a Adam and Eve Mews, London, W8 6UG.